Recommended for Grade 2. 240 pages.
The Level B Student Worktext contains 36 lessons, each six pages in length. The lessons are designed for five days of instruction.
- Day 1: "Engage" - students observe, describe and discuss;
- Day 2: "Inform" - includes content to be read aloud by the child and/or parent;
- Day 3: "Expand" - students conduct an experiment to reinforce concepts learned in the previous two days;
- Day 4 : "Expand" - your children review the results of the hands-on activity and answer higher-level cognitive questions (explain, compare, predict) about the scientific principles they have learned;
- Day 5: "Assess" - each child completes a brief quiz to demonstrate mastery of the concepts and help aid long-term retention.
Lessons 1-9: Life Science
Lessons 10-18: Earth Science
Lessons 19-36: Physical Science
Concepts studied include: classification, environments, weather, changes in matter, spatial relationships, and more. A full list of lessons is available in the Level B Scope & Sequence.
Download a sample lesson here.
The Science Level B Teacher Guidebook is required to teach this program.
Item #: 40200
This Student Worktext is 100% recyclable.