Recommended for Grade 1. 240 pages.
The Level A Teacher Guidebook contains detailed plans for 36 lessons, each six pages in length. Lessons are designed for five days of instruction.
- Day 1: "Engage" - parent guides students as they observe, describe and discuss;
- Day 2: "Inform" - reading aloud (by the parent and/or child);
- Day 3: "Expand" - step-by-step instructions for conducting an experiment that demonstrates the knowledge gained in Days 1 & 2;
- Day 4 : "Expand" - review questions to guide kids through assessing the results of the hands-on activity and answering higher-level cognitive questions (explain, compare, predict) about the scientific principles they have learned;
- Day 5: "Assess" - a brief quiz to demonstrate mastery of the concepts and help aid long-term retention.
Each lesson plan includes additional notes to help with instruction, a "Teacher To Teacher" section with facts and insights to help engage your child's attention, and extended teaching activities to build upon and reinforce the principle being taught each week.
Lessons 1-9: Life Science
Lessons 10-18: Earth Science
Lessons 19-36: Physical Science
Concepts studied include: plant structure, life cycles, solar system, surface tension, sound and density, and more. A full list of lessons is available in the Level A Scope & Sequence.
Download a sample lesson plan here.
Item #: 41001
This Teacher Guidebook is 100% recyclable.
I cannot wait to use this for the new school year. It covers all areas of our standards, and with a fun style of learning. I love that scriptures are included!
[source: Christian Book, August 5, 2012]